> The Bakfiets Cargobike: Copenhagen Cranks My Chain

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Copenhagen Cranks My Chain


A friend from the office recently pointed me to this great blog by fellow PDX resident Dan Kaufman - Crank My Chain - Bicycle TV. Johnny Stardust's piece from Copenhagen makes me realize how far we have to go in America. We have a fair number of cyclists on the streets in Portland's NE and SE urban core most any hour of the day, but nothing that comes close to the steady stream of several cyclists abreast as shown in this video... You can see pretty clearly from the video how once the volume of cyclists reaches a high level that urban planners have no choice but to make it a priority. Wow. Thanks Dan & Johnny, inspiring stuff and nice music, too. Check out all those groovy cargo trikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home